Welcome to the High School rules page.
This page contains the rules that every Viola High School student is expected to follow. These rules will be enforced in Mr. Thrasher's classroom.
Viola High School Rules
- Any student that is late to class will have to get a tardy slip from the office before they can come to class. Every 3 tardies will equal an absence for the class. Discipline will start with the 4th tardy, and will continue for each one after that.
- No hats are to be worn in the classroom.
- No knives are to be present at school.
- Cell phones must be turned off during class time. The 1st offense is a warning, and you have to pick your phone up in the office. From the 2nd offense on discipline measures will be taken, and your parent/guardian has to pick the phone up.
- Every time you leave a classroom, you must have a hall pass stating where you are from, what time you left, and where you are going.
- No possession or use of tobacco products while at school or a school function.
- No open containers are to be brought into the school building.
- No food or drink is to leave the lunchroom.
- No piercings or tattoos that distract from the learning environment.
- Shorts and skirts must be within a $1 bill length from the knee, and any holes above that mark must be patched.
- Sleeveless shirts must be hemmed under the arm.
- No lowcut blouses for girls, and no undergarments which include bras, underwear, and boxers are to be visible.
- If you wish to use a Proficient Day to cover an absence, you have to let Mrs. Shelly know within 2 days of missing, or you cannot use it for that particular absence.